New York, USA
The zero draft of the New Urban Agenda - which was prepared on the basis of inputs from broad regional and thematic consultations, as well as the policy recommendations elaborated by the policy units and comments thereon received by participating states and all stakeholders - was submitted on 6 May 2016 by the Bureau of the Preparatory Committee for discussion at the informal intergovernmental negotiations and informal hearings with local authorities associations and civil society organizations in May and June 2016, as decided by the General Assembly resolution A/70/210.
The revised zero draft was prepared on the basis of inputs and negotiations that took place during the Habitat III intersessional process, where the following meetings were held:
- Open-ended Informal Consultative Meetings (25 – 29 April 2016)
- Informal Hearings with Local Authorities Associations (16 – 17 May 2016)
- Informal Intergovernmental Meetings (18 – 20 May 2016)
- Informal Hearings with Stakeholders (6 – 7 June 2016)
- Informal Intergovernmental Meetings (8 – 10 June 2016)