Cheap Jerseys from china

A Victoria woman who robbed a man after he was stabbed and seriously injured by one of her friends has been sentenced to two years in jail, followed by one year of probation.

Crystal Thorne, 21, pleaded guilty Thursday in Western Communities provincial court to two robberies. Thorne pleaded guilty to robbing Ryan Lesage on Sept. 30, 2014, and to robbing two youths near Westshore Town Centre on Jan. 6.

“These are serious robberies,” said Judge Roger Cutler, who accepted a joint submission by Crown and defence, and imposed a sentence of two years less a day, followed by probation.

The judge gave Thorne, who has been in custody since Jan. 13, credit of three months for time served. Cheap Jerseys from china This means she must serve a further 21 months in jail. on Sept. 30 that a man had been stabbed near Glennan Road in Langford. They arrived and found Lesage bleeding from the face and chest.

Witnesses told police that Lesage had been drinking with a friend that afternoon on the Galloping Goose Regional Trail. Thorne, who was with a 17 year old girl and another man, heard Lesage had money and they decided to rob him, Salmond said.

The Crown believes the man who was with Thorne stabbed Lesage, Salmond said. The blade of the knife went into Lesage’s brain. He was permanently disabled and will require treatment for a long time.

“There’s no evidence to link the two females to the stabbing, other than that they were present for the incident. There’s no information that they understood it was going to happen and encouraged it,” Salmond said.

Another youth told police she saw Thorne and the 17 year old go through Lesage’s backpack and take items out of his pack.

The 17 year old has pleaded guilty to being an accessory to aggravated assault and has already been sentenced, Salmond said. The robbery took place when Thorne was serving a one year probation order connected to a suspended sentence for an earlier robbery, he said.

The second robbery took place on Jan. 6. Thorne was working with some unknown men, Salmond said. She managed to use two young teenage girls to lure two youths into an area near Westshore Town Centre. The youths were robbed by men wearing ski masks. They took a watch, a hat, a phone and a wallet, Salmond said.

Although Thorne was not involved in the violence, she engineered the robbery, he said.

“If she was older, I think we’d be asking for a penitentiary term,” Salmond said.

Defence lawyer Michael Munro said Thorne’s guilty pleas are early and meaningful.

“These would not have been simple matters to prosecute,” Munro said.

He also stressed that Thorne, who turned 21 in December, is young. “She has done well inside,” Munro told the judge. “It’s her first time in custody, which has been a bit of a culture shock to her.”

Thorne has successfully completed a Workplace Hazardous Material course, a unit on family violence and a course called Dogs and Babies Entering a Home.

Cutler ordered Thorne to give a sample of her DNA and prohibited her from possessing weapons for five years after her release from custody. Thorne is not to have contact with her co accused or victims.

RCMP are warning walkers and trail users to be on the alert as police continue to hunt for the man who sexually assaulted a woman in her 20s on the Galloping Goose trail near Jacklin Road in Langford early Thursday.

The woman was walking alone on Jacklin near Belmont Secondary School, on her way home from a social engagement. Darren Lagan.

The woman tried to fight off her attacker but she was overpowered, forced over the bridge that crosses the trail, and sexually assaulted in the wooded area.

After the attack, the woman ran from area and flagged down a passing motorist for help.

Police were notified and immediately flooded the area. A police dog team was called in from Saanich but was unable to find the attacker.

The woman was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries and released several hours later.

She was interviewed by investigators and may be interviewed again for further information.

“At this point, the woman is with family, obviously recovering from a very traumatic situation,” Lagan said. “Medically, she is expected to make a full recovery, but the trauma from this will of course be with her for years and possibly the rest of her life.”

She is receiving support from victim services.

The man suspected of the attack is described as five foot five. He wore dark clothing and pants with a reflective stripe down the side of each leg.

The man may have fresh scratches on his arms, neck or upper body. It’s unclear whether he was driving a vehicle.

Police tape blocked one side of the trail near the bridge on Thursday as major crime and forensic investigators collected evidence.

Blood could be seen on the wooden bridge.

Forensic investigators focused on the wooded area beyond the bridge, drawing a line with measuring tape from the bridge into the woods.

Officers are canvassing neighbours to see if they heard any screams or cries for help.

Lagan said there are no other recent sexual assaults in the region that are similar.

“This crime is a priority investigation for my officers and we are doing everything possible to identify the man responsible for this assault,” said Insp. Larry Chomyn, who heads the West Shore RCMP.

“In the meantime, we are urging walkers and trail users throughout the region to be extra aware of their surroundings, travel in pairs or groups, and whenever possible, use well lit routes in populated areas after dark.”

Anyone with information about the assault or anyone who noticed someone suspicious in the area in the hours before or after the attack is asked to call West Shore RCMP at 250 474 2264 or Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222 TIPS (8477).